Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Direct Data Download Link

We are doing a trial with a Dashboard company (Displayr). They have the ability to directly pull data. Several sources are built-in (SurveyGizmo, Qualtrics, etc) and they also have the ability to find/import data directly from a URL.

In order for the URL portion to work I need a URL that will immediately download the file when the link is "clicked." Does such a link exist in Sawtooth?
asked Jul 15 by Nwiggin Bronze (855 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Nwiggin,

There is no direct link by Sawtooth from which you can download the data. You need to  click the reporting link and further click on two tabs to do the same.

However, single click download link can be created using php, js file and the same needs to be uploaded on the server to make single link active.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rahul Mittal
answered Jul 16 by Rahul Mittal Gold (10,535 points)
Hey Rahul,

I finally have time to start looking at this a bit more, and we have a project that I would like to test this.

I am...well, a newbie. I have watched a handful of videos on using php to create download links. All of those appear to be predicated on knowing the location of the file you want to download so I am unsure how this could work. Can you give me some ideas or point me to a good source to learn some more?