Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

two questions on one page - one constant sum and one select

Hi,

I have a questions that needs to be a constant sum question (Q11) with the following options [Constant sum, must add to 100] [% sign to the right of each number box]:

a.    Platform fee:
b.    Admin user fee:
c.    Business user fee:
d.    I don’t know/no opinion [Check box]

I wasn't sure how to set it up so that the "I don’t know/no opinion" option appeared as a checkbox and not part of the constant sum.  A few questions....

1. I set this up as a grid type question so that the list items (platform fee, etc.) could appear on the left and a % sign could appear on the right of the open numeric box. Is that how I should do it?

2. I made the "I dont know/no opinion" option a separate select question on the same page. Is this the best way to do it?

3. Is there a way for me to require respondents answer either the constant sum question or the "I dont know/no opinion" select question? Right now I have it set so that neither questions require a response, but need to make it so that once of the questions get answered.

Thanks!
asked Jun 19, 2020 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
"Not Applicable: Per Question" from the Community Question Library does just that.  You can download it from here and import it into your local question library in Lighthouse Studio:

https://sawtoothsoftware.com/community-question-library/1747-not-applicable-per-question

Once you have a copy of that question set up beneath your constant sum / grid question, respondents will be required to answer either the regular question or select this checkbox.
answered Jun 19, 2020 by Zachary Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (205,575 points)
Thanks. I imported the question and added it directly after the constant sum grid question, but now I am not able to answer the constant sum question. Any ideas/
What do you mean?  The constant sum inputs are constantly disabled?

Did you include the "Better Lighthouse Library"?
I just checked and now the inputs are no longer disabled, but it won't let me hit next unless I check the "not applicable" box. Why is this?