Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Admin Module Data reports customization

Hello everyone,

I am working with a field institute to conduct my survey. To ensure comparable demographic distribution across monthly data, the field insitute needs access to the admin module for viewing a report I already set up.

I managed to create an additional admin module following the instructions here: https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/help/lighthouse-studio/manual/hid_web_admin_custom.html. My user can only see the study summary and data reports.

However, participants are registered with the field institute with unique identifiers (a variable named "tic" which is set-up as a pass-in field). Within the data_reports' page "additional filters" function, it is possible to search for a participant and look at the individual answers which may be problematic regarding data protection.

Now my question: Is there a way to disable or hide the "additional filters" function for this user (username="Field")?  Or alternatively to remove the tic variable as a selectable option in "Variable Name"? Or, ideally, only show the saved reports if username="Field"?

Best regards,
Kathrin
asked Jun 15 by Kathrin
edited Jun 15

1 Answer

0 votes
The admin module customization just covers the menu items, I can't seem to find anything about customizing drop-downs and other things once inside a particular menu area.

If you are in the report area, though, and you try to add an additional filter, wouldn't the user need to already know what a valid tic value is in order to isolate a specific respondent?  I was playing around with a test survey and the "Value" column is a text input box, so I don't think there would be a way for a user to know any valid tic values to do this.  Does that seem correct to you and what you see?
answered Jun 15 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (47,900 points)