Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

WTP and take-rate of level in ACBC piecewise price

Dear Sawtooth Support-Team,

I'd like to conduct a project to study the WTP of vehicle features, such as sunroof, LED headlamps etc. The design is like following
    - The attributes are the feature on the vehicles , with level 1 " without the  feature" level 2"with the feature".  
    - A large number of features(about 40) will be test by the ACBC
    - Maxdiff on-the-fly importance and constructed list in ACBC are design to reduce the attributes number for each respondent.
    - Each respondent may see less than 12 features in their screen.
    - Summed price are applied. Each feature has a price increament and there is a basic price for the vehicle itself.

By this study, i'd like to know the WTP of each feature, as well as the "take-rate" of each feature, such as $ 1000 may be accept by 50% of the customers and $500 may be accept by 80% of the costomers.

And the first question is, that the piecewise price utility(hypothesis 6 cutpoint), has several different gradient, and the gradient between the 1st and 2nd cutpoint usually is positve based on experience. When I use simulator to calculate, which of the price point should I use? Is there any mathematically reasonable method to get a linear utility?

Secondly, the shown price is the total price of the vehicle, while the price sensitive is relatively low comparing with the feature's price. When I use simulator, the feature will get a low price sensitivity.
For example, I use simulator to simulator product A: without LED headlamp and product B: with LED headlamp + price X.
When X=$1000, the share of product A and B are the same, and $1000 will be the WTP.
But when price X raises up to $2000, which seldomly accepted by the customers, product B also will have a share of about 40%.
So if there is any reasonable method to get the price-share curve of each level(based on level 1, without the features)

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Jason
asked Jun 10, 2020 by Jason.lu (120 points)

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.