Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How can we implement a joint discrete-continuous modelling in Volumetric CBC?

In the paper for proceedings of the Sawtooth Software conference from 2010, Thomas Eagle has described a joint discrete-continuous approach to model volumetric choice data. Are there any software packages available to implement this approach?
asked May 5 by Sushmit19 (205 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
To my knowledge there is not a packaged software implementation of a joint discrete-continuous model for volumetric CBC data.  You can, however, use our software to build such a model, if you are willing to dig into the data and design files, perform the appropriate transformations, and then run the analysis in our standalone CBC/HB software.
answered May 5 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (95,875 points)
Would you be able to help with any references for how to perform these transformations?

I would like to let you know that we have already tried the approach of adjusting the None option using Maximum Expected Volume across tasks for each respondent. And wanted to test the discrete-continuous model approach also.
When I do this, we use the Eagle paper as the reference.  We also included another description of Eagles methods in our Becoming and Expert in Conjoint Analysis book.  I have seen other references to joint continuous-discrete in the literature, but I am not confident they are all about Eagle's method.