Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to analyse ACA in SPSS?

Sorry in advance, my question is not related to any of the products regarding Sawtooth Software.

I have some trouble analysing my ACA data in SPSS.

I was wondering if there are some manuals/papers about how to do this? E.g. while i was reading a research paper that used ACA, they talked about scaling the data so that utilities can be compared across participants in order to analyse the data in other processing software. The utilities were scaled in such a way that the sum of the utility across all levels for a respondent was equal to the number of attributes times 100.

The paper used Metegrano, M., 1994. Adaptive Conjoint Analysis – version 4.0, 1994. Sawtooth Software, Inc. Evanston, 311 as a source but i can not find it anywhere.
asked Apr 29 by niekfonken (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
You can send me an email (brian@sawtoothsoftware.com) and I can send you a spreadsheet that walks through the steps for utility rescaling.

Note that the rescaling part is done on the raw utilities/betas from the regression, so you would still need to run the utility estimation first.
answered Apr 29 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (47,900 points)