Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Base price + Increments using summed price (ACBC)

Hi Team,

I'm working on the study where client have base price for the each products let say $999.99,$699.99, $599.99, $949.99, etc and would like to increase the price from +$2.00 - $12.00 in the ratio of $2 based on the another attribute as they want to test amount willing to pay more for this attribute. Request you please suggest best possible way to do it.
asked Feb 17 by Milan Sanathra (470 points)
I'm not sure I follow.  One attribute controls which of the 599-999 gets added to the price, while another attribute adds 2-12 to the price.  Can't the summed price settings handle that?
Hi Zachary,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Actually we have Base price as per product so Product 1 will have base price of $999.99, Product 2 will have base price of $599.99 and so on. so in the survey we will be showing respondents the different product with 7 other attributes with incremental price from $2 to $15 with constant $2 each time. i would need help how best we can handle it and calculate willing to pay more based on it.
By "Product 1," "Product 2," etc, are you meaning the different concepts of a given ACBC task?  So the leftmost concept has a different base price than the rightmost concept?
Sorry for the confusion,
Let take a example
Apple iphone with $999.99, Samsung with $599,99, Nokia with $299.99,etc  with Battery,Camera Specs,Camera MP, etc are the other attributes.

Here, i want to increase the Base price by $2 to $15 with constant $2 each time. That is

respondent one will see
Apple iphone with 7 mm thinness,6.5 inches screen size,Half a day of normal use Battery use,Front and Rear Cameras,6 MP Camera with $1001.99($999.99 + $2),
Samsung with 7 mm thinness,6.5 inches screen size,Half a day of normal use Battery use,Front and Rear Cameras,6 MP Camera with $599.99 ($599.99+0),
Nokia with 7.5 mm thinness,6 inches screen,One day of normal use Battery life,Front Camera and Rear Camera with Multiple Lenses,8 MP Camera with $200.99 ($194.99+$6).

respondent  will see in next screen
Apple iphone with 7 mm thinness,6.5 inches screen size,Half a day of normal use Battery use,Front and Rear Cameras,6 MP Camera with $999.99 ($999.99 + $0),
Samsung with 7 mm thinness,6.5 inches screen size,Half a day of normal use Battery use,Front and Rear Cameras,6 MP Camera with $599.99 ($599.99 + $0),
Nokia with 7.5 mm thinness,6 inches screen,One day of normal use Battery life,Front Camera and Rear Camera with Multiple Lenses,8 MP Camera with $219.99  ($194.99 + $15).
etc.

Let me know if i'm  able to explain it.
It still sounds like what you're after could be done with the standard summed price settings of an ACBC.  You'll want to set up the brand attribute to have those respective prices, and then set up a different attribute to have the $2-$15 prices.  Then the ACBC will handle adding up all the prices for you during the exercise.

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.