Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Including "Influencer Variable" in CVA

Good afternoon.  I deeply appreciate your wisdom on this matter.

Would it be possible to measure the influence of demographic information and travel characteristics (categorical variables) on international travelers' preferences of tourism destination?

If there is a way, what would be the method to enable this?

Also, if I would like to include the attitude (Likert, interval scale type) as an influence variable of international travelers' preferences, is there a module embedded in CVA software to measure this?

I plan on asking my respondents to complete a set of questions that address demographics, travel traits, their attitude and behaviors relevant to their tourism destination preferences using multiple scales, even including "check all that apply (CATA)" questions.

Would segmenting the respondents based on demographics, travel traits, their attitude, and behaviors and then measure their average score differences based on their preferences be the only option to examine this?

Or, possibly including them as attributes and levels? (However, this would not work.)

I want to empirically test the influence of demographics, travel traits, their attitude, and behaviors on international travelers' preferences of tourism destination.

I thank you for your feedback and time.
asked Feb 11 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
There is not a built-in function in CVA that would allow you to do this.  You can, however, export the CVA data, merge it with your additional variables and then run models, including the extra predictors either as direct effects or as interactions with the conjoint levels.
answered Feb 11 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (95,875 points)