Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Normalizing weights in Volumetric CBC

I have used the volumetric CBC method to analyze the unit shares along with the preference shares.

Based on the guild lines on Sawtooth Forum, I created a chs file from the converter which includes the None response at every task. During this procedure, it also gave me a weights file for these respondents which  is nothing but their maximum purchases across each task.

I now want to use these maximum purchases of the respondents to obtain normalized weights for further analysis (to obtain unit shares from preference shares).

Please let me know the procedure to do so.

Thanks.
asked Jan 23 by ChinmayiP (180 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Chinmai,

To obtain unit weights from the utilities simply run your simulator, including in it a none option.  Then, at the respondent level, simply multiply your weights by the simulated shares to get units, which you can sum across respondents.  If you want further to extrapolate those units to the population, you'll have to add a second layer of weights that extrapolates your sample to the population.
answered Jan 23 by Keith Chrzan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (97,275 points)