Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Accessing answers given in a looped question

Hello everyone,

I have a survey where respondents are asked how many times they had to take their vehicle to a dealership for repairs. Depending on the answer, they are asked a block of questions up to three times in a loop (TPLoop) .

In that loop, I have a simple select question (TP07 ) with yes=1 or no=2 as response options.

Later in the questionnaire - after the looping is completed - I need to know whether TP07 has been answered with "yes" in any instance. I know that loop data is recorded in dot notation. Is there any way to access the answers given in the loop?

Basically what I want to do is define a skip logic as follows:
TP07.1=1 or TP07.2=1 or TP07.3=1

Any help is much appreciated!
Kathrin
asked Dec 6, 2019 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Kathrin, that will work. That notation you are using in skips for the looped question is correct.

I actually have a current project with a similar requirement and it works a treat.

If you had many looped iterations, you wouldn't want to list out a lengthy skip condition. I would suggest you use a constructed list to do the heavy duty work and use a skip condition based on that constructed list. Just a thought for a more complex / involved situation.

Good luck with the above mentioned issue. Let me know how you go.

Regards Paul.
answered Dec 6, 2019 by Paul Moon Platinum (89,980 points)