Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Sawtooth 9.8 Grid header formatting does not work

I cannot change any of the text attributes for the grid headers in our survey to match our client's template. CSS has also been unsuccessful. Looks like someone didn't do their testing. Anyone have any workarounds?
asked Oct 29, 2019 by Nate
I may be able to help in writing some CSS.  Can you expound on the details of your client's template?
I would like to be able to have the font smaller for combo boxes which are set at a standard locked font as well. Leave it to Sawtooth to finally adjust the look and feel of the survey after years of looking dated and unprofessional by limiting how you can control it even more. Here is the css I have been using for 10 years that adjust the color of the header row (because God forbid they add that feature either).

tr.column_header_row {background-color: #00B0F0; font-size: 12px;}
This does not work on the font size.

I don't send my client's proprietary designs to people without a NDA. I just want the software to work. I guess I'll figure out the complex back-end programming like I have been ever since I started using this means to an end.
I'm sorry your CSS has stopped working.  Browsers apply a specificity system when handling styling that can cause some CSS to stop working as expected when other CSS is introduced.

I went ahead and created this CSS selector that I believe should address that header row font size:

<style>
tr.column_header_row .grid_options {
    font-size: 12px;
}
</style>

And here's a CSS selector that will handle the combo boxes:

<style>
#[% QuestionName() %]_div select {
    font-size: 10px;
}
</style>

I understand you may not be able to share the entirety of your client's design specifications with us, but if anything else comes up that you are able to bring up, I'd be happy to help.
That was incredibly helpful. Thank you so much for your time and for helping me find a solution. I'll keep these in a template and use them until the big fix comes out. Thank you!

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Nate,

Please email me your *.ssi file along with specific instructions on how to reproduce this.

justin@sawtoothsoftware.com

Thanks,

Justin
answered Oct 29, 2019 by Justin Luster Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (7,775 points)