Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Ability to calc max diff scores at the respondent level for use in crosstabs

Is there any way to calculate the max diff score for each respondent AFTER the survey has competed? Want to crosstab results based on segments etc. Understand I could have inserted an SSI script to calc top scores and capture them  on the fly during each survey but not sire how to do it after.
asked Sep 30, 2012 by anonymous
retagged Oct 1, 2012 by Walter Williams

2 Answers

0 votes
Unless I misunderstand your question, I think this is easy for you to do.  You can find the respondent level HB utilities in the .hbu file.  These will be raw logit utilities and you will probably want to rescale them to make them easier for your clients.  You can read about rescaling by downloading this technical paper:  

https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/download/techpap/maxdifftech.pdf
answered Sep 30, 2012 by anonymous
I think you misunderstood his question. In my understanding, he wanted to calculate the maxdiff score on the fly, which means once survey completed, the score would be worked out for further analysis.

If I was right, I think SSI script should be applied. You could use constructed list and try to crosstab with other questions. Thats my initial idea for solving this prolem.

You may refer to topic "Computing Scores On-The-Fly" in the help. The core commands are shown below,

· MaxDiffRankAttLabel(ExerciseName, Rank#)  

· MaxDiffRankAttValue(ExerciseName, Rank#)  

· MaxDiffScore(ExerciseName, ItemIndex)   

Hope this helps.
0 votes
Calculating scores afterwards is done by selecting the option "MaxDiff Scores" from the Analysis menu (after you have downloaded your data from the server).  You can hit F1 on the screen that comes up for some references in the help file on running the estimation.
answered Oct 1, 2012 by Brian McEwan Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (56,045 points)