Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Null levels in ACBC

I am programming ACBC study with 10 attributes ( pre-selected from list of 19). Last level of each attribute is “blank” level (labeled as “ ”), meaning “not available”. It is by default the worst level of each attribute.
These levels make sense only when they are within the product in Screener, Choice Tournament and Calibration parts on ACBC. When such level appears in Unacceptables/MustHaves it looks as “nothing” next to radio button. Putting “n/a” doesn’t work either: we already know these levels are inferior to others.
 Is it possible to simply hide such (“&nbsp”) levels and its radio buttons from Unacceptable, Must haves?  We know the consequences of such step and will account for it when prepare data for analysis. A piece of code or any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
asked Jun 4, 2019 by Marina
There are ways to make the text of the "null" levels show differently depending on the section of the ACBC survey.  So, you can avoid the "blank" next to a radio button that way.   I'll let others chime in to tell how to do that.  But, I wanted to address the math aspect of this.  You wouldn't want to suppress (hide) the "null" levels from Unacceptable probe questions.  It would be important to give these attribute levels an equal chance to be chosen as Unacceptable as all other attribute levels.  That's why I'd recommend just specifying the attribute level text differently in the BYO and Unacceptable/Must Have probes than the other sections of the ACBC survey where the null levels could be shown as blanks.
This is the list item code that Bryan was referring to:

<span class="acbcNotApplicableText">N/A</span>

<style>
.acbcNotApplicableText {
    display: none;
}

.acbc_musthave .acbcNotApplicableText,
.acbc_unacceptable .acbcNotApplicableText {
    display: inline;
}
</style>

Naturally, you can set an internal label for this list item so that the code doesn't show up during analysis.

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.