Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Logit Price Model

Hello,

i´m currently creating the survey of my study. Part of this survey is a CBC-exercise. One of the attributes is "salary".  And now my question:
is it possible to vary the levels of this attribute randomly from an average value? Is it possible to adjust only for this attribute the logit price model?

Thank you very much in advance.
asked Jan 31, 2019 by sebastianlosekam (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
It's possible in CBC to ask respondents earlier on in the survey about their salary level, and then to display salary levels in the CBC questions that are (say) -25%, -15%, +0%, +15%, and +25% of this user-specific salary value.  You use some Sawtooth Script functions to perform the multiplications by the variable name that contains the salary number, enclosed within {% %], including probably the Round function.  You can call tech support team for more help at the Sawtooth Software offices if you need it.

Recognize, however, if you do that that the default analysis will be estimating 5 discrete part-worth utility values associated with the 5 relative salary values around each person's salary.
answered Jan 31, 2019 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (189,140 points)