Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Survey displays incorrectly in Internet Explorer 9

Hello all,

I'm using SSI  Web 7.0.26 and developed a survey that seems to work perfectly in Chrome and Firefox. So far, so good. The problem is that I am now testing it in IE 9, and the tables content doesn't show up. First I thought it was a JavaScript problem (not being enabled), but  I also have a jQuery slider that is showing up correctly, so I guess it must be something else. Does anybody has an idea? I haven't found something relevant in Google yet, but still searching...

Thank you all for your possible help,
asked Jul 26, 2012 by João Fernandes Bronze (2,040 points)
retagged Sep 1, 2016 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

+1 vote
Could it be css problem? Try f12 in ie and inspect the tbales for content
answered Jul 26, 2012 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (17,010 points)
Hello, Bahadir. It's strange because yesterday I was in fact having some error messages on the IE console, but today I can't seem to emulate them, despite the behaviour being the same, of course... I'll let you know if I find something new. Meanwhile, I can post the code here, too. But I can tell you that I was having errors related to the innerHTML property, which after googling a little bit seems a common issue in IE, since it appears IE introduced this property but doesn't seems to use it well (which is at least ironic...). Thanks!
Managed to replay the errors, and yes, it is a problem regarding the innerHTML property. I've learned that I'll have to replace it with jQuery's .html() method, but haven't been able to do it yet successfully on IE. Goddamned IE incompatibilities issues, If someone knows something on this please let me know... :\ Thank you!
what's your IE version and send me your script if it's OK for you
I'm using version 9. My script is as follows -> http://jsfiddle.net/jaff/BB2CF/ (the commented lines are other "solutions", but they also work only with Chrome and Firefox). Thanks!
it is the way you use setTimeout, try the following:
function displayRow(x, r) {
    document.getElementById(x).innerHTML = r;
setTimeout(function() {displayRow("td1", "Hello 1")}, 500);
setTimeout(function() {displayRow("td2", "Hello 2")},1000);

somehow, Chrome and FF does take the 3rd and 4th arguments and pass them to your displayRow as parameters. but setTimeout documentation states only 2 parameters.
Thank you Bahadir, it is finally working. I can't believe I was spending my energies in the wrong direction... now I'll just have to handle some layout issues. Again, thank you very much!
you're welcome :)