Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Suspend button

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your response.  I understand the functionality that is already in place for Sawtooth Software surveys.  However, my client is asking specifically for a suspend button at the bottom of the page that a respondent can click and it will close the survey and restart at the
same page that they left off.  Do you know if there is any way to customize this for my client?

Thanks,

Bryan
related to an answer for: Add a Suspend button
asked Oct 27, 2017 by anonymous

1 Answer

+1 vote
We do not have a function that lets you close a browser tab. That behavior is not permitted by the browser manufacturers. Nor can you use JavaScript or jQuery to close a window that you didn't open with some other JavaScript. So this functionality is not possible.  You cannot add a suspend button that actually closes a browser tab.  Instead, you may want to add a page at the beginning of your survey that explains that if the respondent wants to suspend the survey, they should just close the browser's tab. To restart the survey, they can click on the original link provided to them.
answered Oct 27, 2017 by Nathan Bryce Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (9,380 points)
Appreciate the tip Nathan.