Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Clicking on sections of an image - a gas / electricty bill.

I have an interesting request.

If I was to present / display a gas or electricity bill to a respondent and wanted the respondent to click on certain sections of that bill, what suitable options do I have available?

I would require the solution to also be available on a mobile device too. So instead of a click with the mouse, a tap with the finger.

At this stage, I have not seen the bill image/s but it may come in a 1 or 2 or 3 page format?

Hoping for someone to point me in the right direction.

Thank you.
asked Jul 18, 2017 by Paul Moon Platinum (98,670 points)
Zach does have a "Heat Regions" question type in the Question Library, but I haven't checked it out myself.  I have had to do this a couple of times where we had an image and the client wanted say 4 pre-set selectable areas on the image and with each click it indicated a positive or negative where a text box would pop up for comments.  This got a bit beyond me and I contracted Saurabh and his team to help out with that portion of the programming.  They did a great job and the client was happy with the result.  That being said, I never test the functionality on a mobile device.
Thanks Jay. I am aware of the "Heat Regions" in the Question Library.

I wanted to go fishing and see what others had to say initially.

Once I gather enough information, I'll decide on the appropriate path to take. And of course I'll be listening to those who have been there and done it.

I'll also keep the contracting option up my sleeve.

Onya mate.
Hi Paul,

Hotspot is a tricky question to program as it may change as per screen resolution.

We have programmed few examples on http://scriptbox.in

Please check if these questions are of your interest:

https://goo.gl/fhPzuQ

I need to check how it appears on mobile.

Regards
Saurabh

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.