Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Conditional Previous Button

Using v9.3.1.

I am referring to the Sawtooth Software previous button, not the browser back button.

I would like to perform the following ...

If TYPE=1 display the back button for all survey pages.
If TYPE=2 do not display the back button for all survey pages.

I know I can hide the previous button under survey settings but that is across all surveys.

I know I can use RemovePrevious() on various pages to hide the previous button and apply some Perl as such but I do not want to pop this on all survey pages, especially if an easier method is available to me.
[% Begin Unverified Perl

if (VALUE("TYPE")==2)
  {
   REMOVEPREVIOUS();
  }

End Unverified %]

Is their a global approach where I can apply something like the Perl above or maybe some CSS to throw into the HTML head tag?

Thanks.
asked Mar 31, 2017 by Paul Moon Platinum (98,670 points)
Paul, I just read this and haven't tried myself, but have you tried popping that script into the global footer in the survey settings?  Seems to me it should work.
Yeh, that worked Jay.

Says a lot about my day. Been flat out for 15 hours and not thinking straight by the end of it.

Thanks again for your assistance as always.
Trust me, I know how you feel.  Sometimes we need those reminders and a push here and there and that's what the forum is all about.  Glad it worked.  You've done the same for me plenty.  Onya mate.
Spoken like a true Aussie.

I've had one of those days where I've made the simple stuff difficult. I've run out of puff. Time to call it a day. Saturday morning here so off to start the weekend.

Thanks again mate.

Your solution to the original question

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.