Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Lighthouse v9.1.0 - folders question

Can I safely assume that the "Preview" and "Test Survey" folders can be deleted and no damage will be done?

When I go back in and preview or test the survey, they would be re-created.

Whilst I won't be getting into the habit of removing them, I just want to have a better understanding of their behaviour.

Thanks.
asked Sep 1, 2016 by Paul Moon Platinum (89,880 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Paul,

Your understanding is correct. These preview and test folders that are created locally are related to the test and preview versions of the survey respectively. If these folders are removed, they will be recreated as needed.

The names of these folders have changed a bit to try to make things clearer in this version. In addition, we used to run a copy of Apache in the background to serve these pages, but Lighthouse Studio now has its own built in webserver to accomplish this function, which makes it a bit less of a headache for some IT departments trying to get Lighthouse Studio to work in their locked down enterprise environments.
answered Sep 1, 2016 by Jonathan Huff Bronze (1,575 points)
Thanks Jonathan. No doubt it is a definite improvement. Thanks for your prompt reply.