Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Invalid login Access Denied Error

I'm running a survey with passwords generated in Lighthouse Studio 9 and my users are getting the following error message when trying to log in:

Errors - Invalid login.  Access denied.

Passwords are 6 characters long, mixture of numbers and letters, case sensitive
Users aren't allowed to specify their passwords
There are two password fields : username and password

I tested locally and all worked fine.
asked May 10, 2016 by Jeremy LeLean
One scenario that comes to mind. Are the passwords generated unique? If so, are any of the users attempting to access the same link (or passwords) whereby a survey is completed by one respondent and then someone else attempts to complete the survey under the same link / password? This would generate the error you mentioned.

Another scenario to consider, If you have generic passwords / links and the cookies based restart setting is activated, this would force the generic password / link to act like a unique  password / link (dependent upon cookie settings on the actual device) when multiple people attempted to access the survey on the same device.

These are just a couple of examples that would generate the error you specified.

If you feel these situations are not happening, best you contact Sawtooth Software support at support@sawtoothsoftware.com.
Thanks for your reply Paul.  I'll look into those and see it they provide a solution.
And please also consider Saurabh's post. Whilst I have never had this occur to me personally, it certainly would cause the error.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hi Jeremy,

It seems passwords are not fully uploaded on server.

In order to check this, login to admin link, click advanced and check password table.

If your password does not appear in that file, try uploading again.

Regards,
Saurabh
answered May 11, 2016 by Saurabh Aggarwal Gold (34,700 points)
Hello Paul and Saurabh, thank you for your replies which have enabled me to resolve the problem so this topic can be marked as closed now.
Jeremy