Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Error 129 generated in error log

I have had this error pop up in the error logs on about 10-15 separate occasions ...

Error #129 - Can't find file _path.cgi. Looked in: /var/www/innovationmatrix.clientx.com.au/admin/_path.cgi;/var/www/innovationmatrix.clientx.com.au//admin/_path.cgi;/var/www/innovationmatrix.clientx.com.au/cgi-bin/_path.cgi
Tue Apr 19 14:33:02 2016
SSIWebVersion= 8_3_6 params= IP= 124.170.27.98 , client= Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.112 Safari/537.36

Sawtooth v8.3.6 is being used and the survey is self hosted on the clients server.

I have checked the data which appears to be fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?
asked Apr 19, 2016 by Paul Moon Platinum (98,670 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Sometimes I've seen this type of error when bots try to sniff out the server. The browser for a respondent with "page rating" type services turned on will occasionally use bots to see what else is on related pages to see how it should rank the page. When the bot looks for related pages, it often will trigger "Can't find xxx" messages because the path doesn't exist or your security settings don't allow it to see the server configuration.
answered Apr 28, 2016 by Aaron Hill Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (12,245 points)
Thanks Aaron. Appreciate your comments. I'll pass it on to client.